Explore areas off limits to tour buses on this truly authentic experience
This guided bike ride takes you through the best neighborhoods in San Francisco! Explore 15 different locations, countless photo stops and the 1,000 acre Golden Gate Park. Our local guide will accompany you along the route, sharing history and recommendations along the way. Great for couples, families and small groups looking for a local’s perspective on their adventure!
Our E-bikes are an absolute pleasure to ride and the best part of all is that there is no pedaling required. You will easily navigate San Francisco’s infamous hills with ease!
This San Francisco tour is our most popular bike option because you get to see our beautiful City by the Bay in a way that only a born and raised local can show you. This is also the premier way to ensure you cover all your “must do’s” while you’re in town, including an extended stop at the Golden Gate Bridge, a ride through Golden Gate Park (featuring the roaming bison and Conservatory of Flowers), the birthplace of the Summer of Love, Haight-Ashbury & the iconic Painted Ladies in Alamo Square.
Itinerary // What to expect
8:45AM – Arrive to Dylan’s Bike Shop
Before you hit the road you’ll go through some basic safety precautions, ensuring you’re familiar with the electric bike. Our guide will explain the route for the day, some highlights of the tour and a few other fun details in-store!
9:00PM-2:45PM – See San Francisco’s most scenic destinations!
Your guide and the small group will explore the city together, with several photo stops along the way! The route will take you from our shop in North Beach down to the San Francisco Bay, then along a beautiful bike path leading up to the Golden Gate Bridge. Once past the Bridge you will continue west along the Pacific Ocean, into Golden Gate Park then back into the center of the city in the afternoon. Our lunch stop features one of our favorite authentic markets with fresh salads and sandwiches.
You’ll have opportunities to learn about our favorite neighborhoods and you’ll receive plenty of great recommendations from museums and cultural destinations to the best bars and restaurants.
3:00PM – Your tour will conclude back at our shop
We can help you plan the rest of your day! Be sure to ask about our favorite chocolatier located next-door.
North Beach (Start/End)
- Voted as one of the USA’s “ten great neighborhoods”, North Beach is best known as the home of Little Italy. From delicious restaurants to authentic sidewalk cafes and bakeries, you will feel the charm of San Francisco as soon as you arrive.
- One of San Francisco’s most popular destinations – from old shipyards, to Boudin’s Bakery and the smell of fresh clam chowder, and of course, the sea lions of Pier 39, Fisherman’s Wharf has it all.
- Positioned near the end of the Hyde Street Cable Car, Aquatic Park is a National Historic Landmark on the San Francisco Bay. Featuring one of the cleanest beaches in California, be on the lookout for the bold open water swimmers who frequent the area.
Palace of Fine Arts
- Inspired by Roman and Greek architecture, the Palace of Fine Arts was originally constructed to celebrate San Francisco’s recovery from the 1906 earthquake. Surrounded by a peaceful garden, it is great for photos.
- Located just beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point gives you a front row seat to the San Francisco Bay. This former military fortification was used during both the Civil War and World War II.
Golden Gate Bridge
- Declared “one of the 10 wonders of the modern world,” the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognized symbols of San Francisco. Simply stunning!
- Former military base, now a beautiful park that includes Crissy Field, Fort Point, Lucasfilm’s (George Lucas) headquarters and the Walt Disney Museum.
Legion of Honor
- Called San Francisco’s most beautiful museum, the palace occupies an elevated site in Lincoln Park and displays a collection of ancient and European art, in an unforgettable setting overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Bordering the Pacific Ocean on the western edge of San Francisco, Ocean Beach is a popular destination for seasoned surfers. Characteristically foggy, the area offers a serene setting outside of the bustling city.
Golden Gate Park
- Clocking in at over 1,000 acres, Golden Gate Park is the largest man-made park in the world. With beautiful Eucalyptus trees, gorgeous gardens and museums that will appeal to all ages (including the De Young and Academy of Sciences), this green space is a highlight of the tour
- The origin of the hippie culture and the birth place of the “Summer of Love.” From the stunning Painted Ladies to the homes of music’s favorite 60’s bands, this district started the counter-culture movement across the USA.
- Lining Alamo Square, the Victorians along Steiner Street are the most famous of the Painted Ladies, aka “Postcard Row.” These houses are best known during the opening credits in television’s Full House!
- Offering one of the most scenic outlooks in all of Northern California, Pacific Heights is home to Billionaire’s Row, featuring the estates of politicians, tech titans and other San Francisco celebrities (includes Mrs. Doubtfire house!)
- Boasting the largest Chinatown in the United States, this 24-block mecca is bustling with energy, amazing food, and unique and colorful shops that give this area its charm.
Make your tour VIP!
Looking for something extra-special for your ride? Our VIP option includes your very own personal guide, along with customized start time and route. If you are looking for a one-on-one experience to really soak up the San Francisco experience this is the tour for you!
($195 per rider)
Are you someone who is looking for an adventure and would like to see San Francisco at your pace? Our self-guided option allows you to see exactly what you want on your own schedule. We’ll provide directions and a map for your route, along with our favorite recommendations along the way!
($79 per rider)
Have questions? Here’s the most frequently asked.
How does hotel pick-up work?
We are proud to now offer hotel or AirBnB pick-up to any location in the San Francisco area for just $20. We utilize both ride-share and tour bus pick-ups depending on location in San Francisco; please be ready 45-minutes prior to your tour time if you do opt-in for the pick-up option.
Why choose Dylan’s e-bike tours?
Our Pedego electric bicycles are fun, easy to use, and the perfect way to conquer San Francisco’s infamous hills. Just adjust the throttle and enjoy the tour!
2. 100% Refund Guarantee:
Is it supposed to rain the day of your tour? We will happily refund you if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
3. Go Where Tour Buses Can’t:
From iconic Golden Gate Park to the Painted Ladies to the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, see SF’s best sights up-close and personal.
4. Independently Owned:
We aren’t one of the big bike rental companies, and it shows. Our team is friendly, approachable and eager to accommodate you.
5. Your Experience is our Top Priority:
From our convenient meeting location to each stop on your tour, our goal is to make your tour fun and enjoyable. We have thought of the small things so you don’t have to.
6. No Extra Costs:
Our prices are inclusive of all taxes and fees.
What is an electric bike?
An electric bike, also known as an e-bike, is a bicycle with a battery and a motor.
Do you have to pedal on an e-bike?
What makes the e-bike great is that you are welcome to pedal normally, or you can use the throttle, located on the right handlebar, to help propel you along. Whether you are in the mood to get some exercise or just want to sit back and relax, the bike empowers you to get up (and down) the hills of San Francisco with ease!
Bottom line: Our e-bikes make for a really easy, enjoyable and exhilarating tour.
What is the weight capacity?
The weight capacity of our e-bikes is 250 pounds.
Pre-trip test ride requirements on e-bike?
For your safety, the group’s safety, and the safety of our equipment, all participants MUST be able to confidently ride a bike. If a guest is not riding confidently enough to travel safely on San Francisco streets, we will prohibit that guest from riding.
What if it rains (or is supposed to rain) on the e-bike tour?
If the forecast is showing a strong likelihood of rain on the day of your scheduled ride, it will be up to us to cancel the tour and keep you safe.
If we do have to cancel, we are happy to refund or re-schedule.
If weather conditions are not to your liking, we are happy to refund you at any time.
What should I wear on the e-bike tour?
We strongly encourage you to dress in layers as weather can vary from neighborhood to neighborhood.
We also recommend wearing closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing during the tour.
CASEY FRAHM FROM HOUSTON, TX
More Tours To Explore!
"Everything Included on our Dylan's Famous Tour, without Muir Woods"
- Small group tour designed for those who want to enjoy more time in Sausalito and the beautiful ferry ride back to San Francisco
- Your local guide will show you our favorite San Francisco neighborhoods and teach you the history of our city
- 13 locations, 5 amazing photo stops
- Tour ends in the beautiful waterfront town of Sausalito
- Enjoy the world's most scenic ferry ride across the bay
VIEW TOURBook Now 3 HOURS | ADULT $89
“See it all in a day! Includes the Official Alcatraz Island Tour and over an hour in Muir Woods”
- Small group tour designed for guests who only have 1-day to spend in San Francisco
- Your local guide will show you our favorite neighborhoods and teach you the history of our city
- 9 locations and 5 amazing photo stops!
- Includes the Official Alcatraz Tour
- 75 minutes in majestic Muir Woods