San Francisco’s Lombard Street Experience
The Lombard Leap
Our introductory experience takes you down Lombard Street—the ‘crookedest street’ in San Francisco, down the city’s ‘steepest street,’ up to the famous Coit Tower, and to other notable locations from films and popular culture.
Time & Duration
Every hour from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Starting at $40
- Ride down Lombard Street, otherwise known as the ‘crookedest street’ in San Francisco.
- Take a trip down Filbert Street, long considered the ‘steepest street’ in the city.
- Experience the streets featured in the movie Bullitt, depicting the first car chase featured in modern film history.
- Explore the neighborhoods and sights from The Rock, Dirty Harry, Mrs. Doubtfire and other popular films.
- Take in the views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, City Skyline, and the Bay Bridge.
- Visit Coit Tower in Telegraph Hill and catch some of the best views of San Francisco.
- See the city’s famous Little Italy, including Tony’s Pizza, Original Joe’s, and Washington Square Park.
- Discover the exact spot where Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe ‘wanted’ to get
- Enjoy this family-friendly experience as our welcome gift, a sample of what you can see on Dylan’s Famous Tour of San Francisco and Muir Woods and our popular e-bike tours.
- BYOB welcome
Take a Ride Down Lombard Street — San Francisco’s “Most Crookedest Street”
Experience San Francisco’s Famous Streets
The Lombard Leap offers a unique experience, exploring some of the most famous streets and landmarks in San Francisco. Take a drive down the twisting and turning Lombard Street, San Francisco’s famous ‘crooked street,’ down Filbert Street, popularly known as the ‘steepest street’ in the city, and explore the neighborhoods and locations of time-treasured films, like Bullitt, The Rock, Dirty Harry, and Mrs. Doubtfire.
Enjoy a 50-Minute Ride Featuring the City’s Most Iconic Sights
Take in the world famous views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz, enjoying a welcoming glimpse into the exciting history and present day neighborhoods of San Francisco. You’ll even get to see the exact location where Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe had ‘wanted’ to get married!
Delight in all the wonder San Francisco has to offer!
Discover Little Italy and plan your dinner for the evening at Tony’s Pizza or Original Joe’s. Catch the sight of the remarkable Coit Tower at Telegraph Hill, where you’ll be able to hop off the bus to take in the views and capture some memorable photos of the city. You can even choose to stay at Coit Tower and take a ride to the top of the observation deck.
Enjoy this experience as a small sampling of what Dylan’s Tours has to offer. Want to see even more of the city? Reserve our Famous Tour with Muir Woods or an Electric Bike Rental, and add on The Lombard Leap for only $10! (Promo code available in confirmation email.)
Where is the meeting location?
Meet for pick-up at 710 Beach Street (Fisherman’s Wharf) in San Francisco
Where is the drop-off location?
Following the Lombard Leap, you will be dropped back off at 710 Beach Street (Fisherman’s Wharf) in San Francisco. Alternatively, you may choose to stay at Coit Tower and Telegraph Hill (the last stop before the end of the tour).
What time do the rides depart?
The first ride departs at 9:00 AM. The rides depart every hour from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Where does the Lombard Leap visit?
The Lombard Leap visits the following neighborhoods and attractions: Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, North Beach, Telegraph Hill, Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Lombard Street, Nob Hill, the Financial District, Union Square, Ghirardelli Square, and Pier 39.
Can we leave our driver a tip?
Tips are definitely appreciated. The suggested tip is $5-10 per group.
Do I have to make a reservation in advance?
We suggest booking a reservation in advance, but if we have room, we will also accept walk-ups.
Can we eat and drink on the bus?
Yes, you may eat and drink on the bus. All we ask is that you drink responsibly and avoid bringing red wine.
- Departure Times: Every hour from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Adult : Starting at $40
- Child (12 and under): Starting at $20
We are not a big bus company! It’s very common to see large hop-on, hop-off buses around town, we take a much more personal approach. Our guides not only have intimate knowledge and unmatched enthusiasm for our city, but we also use specialized minibuses which are built specifically for sightseeing tours. We take you where the big buses can’t go.
Our minibuses have large windows for full view of the city as we conduct the tour and are climate controlled with plenty of room for everyone. We stop several times and provide many photo opportunities.