Private Open-Air San Francisco Sightseeing Tour
2-hour Private San Francisco City Tour
Create your own adventure on our 2-hour private San Francisco city tour. Enjoy open-air transportation while your guide shares with you history and stories about the city’s top neighborhoods and landmarks–just for your group!
$450 per group (up to 7 people)
$150 per additional hour
- Experience touring San Francisco aboard private, open-air transportation
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will share with you the city’s top neighborhoods
- Stops for photos of San Francisco’s top attractions and landmarks
- Travel where tour buses can’t, such as driving down crooked Lombard Street
- Choose to add-on a visit to to explore the Coastal Redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument, explore the city via e-bikes, or tour Alcatraz Island
- Optional hotel pick-up available (additional fee applies)
- BYOB is permitted for guests 21+
- 100% refund if you cancel with at least 24 hours notice ahead of your scheduled tour
Enjoy a Guided Private Tour of San Francisco Aboard Open-Air Transportation
Experience San Francisco like a local with a private tour of the city. Your guide will share with you the history and culture of the Bay Area while you explore the many unique landmarks and neighborhoods aboard open-air transportation that gives you unobstructed views of the city. Visit the most beloved neighborhoods, including Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Pacific Heights, and many others. You’ll get to travel where tour buses can’t, such as driving down the famously crooked Lombard Street.
Discover San Francisco Like a Local with a Private Tour
Take in sights from the old shipyards of Fisherman’s Wharf to the sidewalk cafes and bakeries of Little Italy in North Beach to bustling Chinatown, filled with lively energy and colorful shops. Your guide will delight you with stories and history about the unique neighborhoods and culture of the city, while you and your group get an up-close view of the most notable sights, with plenty of time to capture those memorable moments.
Create a Truly One-of-a-Kind Experience
From convenient pick-up available at your hotel or location to an unobstructed view of the city’s best sights aboard open-air transportation, you’ll get to enjoy San Francisco from a local’s view. You can even add-on a visit to vibrant Haight-Ashbury, the home of the 1960’s hippy movement, and the Painted Ladies (also known as Postcard Row), made famous in television and film. Capture breathtaking panoramic views of the city from Twin Peaks, and visit the historic Castro District, one of the first LGBT neighborhoods in the United States. You can also admire the murals, boutiques, and vibrancy of the Mission District, a diverse multicultural neighborhood where the city’s art and music scenes flourish.
Enjoy Lunch Like a San Francisco Local
Choose to add-on a stop for lunch at one of many local-favorites in the city. Indulge in pizza in Little Italy in North Beach, enjoy Dim Sum in the country’s oldest Chinatown, savor the famous tacos of the Mission District, or grab sandwiches to-go and have a picnic-style lunch in one of San Francisco’s many gorgeous parks, such as Alamo Square or Mission Dolores.
Explore the Towering Coastal Redwoods of Muir Woods
You can explore some of the last remaining Coastal Redwoods in the world when you add-on a trip to Muir Woods National Monument. Enjoy an escape from the city, as you take in the beauty of nature just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Walk the trails alongside towering Redwood Trees, some up to 1,200 years old. You can also add on an e-bike rental to conveniently explore even more of the city or a tour of Alcatraz Island to discover San Francisco’s most infamous destination.
Explore the landmarks, neighborhoods, and attractions of the city aboard private open-air transportation to take in unobstructed views of the top spots. Your guide will share with you unique local insights into the destinations you visit, and you’ll have plenty of time to stop for photos of all the best sights along the way!
- 2-hour guided tour with a friendly guide
- Open-air transportation, offering easy viewing of the sights
- Private tour of San Francisco’s landmarks and neighborhoods
- Stops for photos of the sights and attractions
- Option to add-on a Muir Woods National Monument visit, e-bike rental, or tickets to Alcatraz
- BYOB permitted for 21+
- Travel where tour busses can’t go, such as famously crooked Lombard Street
- Hotel pick-up (available for an additional fee)
- Gratuity for tour guide (recommended)
Fisherman’s Wharf—One of San Francisco’s most popular destinations. From old shipyards to Boudin’s Bakery and the smell of fresh clam chowder, Fisherman’s Wharf has it all.
North Beach—Voted as one of the USA’s “ten great neighborhoods,” North Beach is best known as the home of Little Italy. From delicious restaurants to authentic sidewalk cafes and bakeries, you will feel the charm of San Francisco as soon as you arrive.
Chinatown—Boasting the largest Chinatown in the United States, this 24-block mecca is bustling with energy, amazing food, and unique and colorful shops that give this area its charm.
Nob Hill—Home to some of our most famous hotels, Nob Hill offers some of the best cocktail lounges and views in the city.
Pacific Heights—Offering one of the most scenic outlooks in all of Northern California, Pacific Heights is home to Billionaire’s Row, featuring the estates of politicians, tech titans, and other San Francisco celebrities (includes the Mrs. Doubtfire house!).
Presidio—Former military base, now a beautiful park that includes Crissy Field, Fort Point, Lucasfilm’s (George Lucas) headquarters, and the Walt Disney Museum.
Fort Point—Located just beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point gives you a front-row seat to the Bay and is a great photo stop. This former military fortification was used during WWII.
Palace of Fine Arts—Inspired by Roman and Greek architecture, the Palace of Fine Arts was originally constructed to celebrate San Francisco’s recovery from the 1906 earthquake. Surrounded by a peaceful garden, it is a wonderful location to grab some scenic photos.
Golden Gate Bridge—Declared “one of the 10 wonders of the modern world,” the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognized symbols of San Francisco. Simply stunning!
Lombard Street—Famously crooked, Lombard Street is known for the twisting and turning one-block stretch that follows eight hairpin turns along landscaped flower beds and Victorian mansions.
Coit Tower—A staple of the San Francisco skyline, Coit Tower sits atop Telegraph Hill and offers a 360-degree view of San Francisco and the Bay, including both the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges.
* Painted Ladies—Lining Alamo Square, the Victorians along Steiner Street are the most famous of the Painted Ladies, aka “Postcard Row.” These houses are best known during the opening credits in television’s Full House!
* Haight-Ashbury—The origin of the hippie culture and the birthplace of the Summer of Love.” From the stunning Painted Ladies, to the homes of music’s favorite 60’s bands, this district started the counterculture movement across the USA.
* Castro—One of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the United States. Colorful bars and restaurants line the streets with the historic Castro Theater overlooking the area that Harvey Milk once called home.
* Twin Peaks—Featuring a panoramic view of all of San Francisco, Twin Peaks offers one of the best perspectives of the downtown skyline, surrounding hills and vistas (weather permitting).
* Mission District—Known for its prominent and colorful mural installations, delicious food, and vibrant art and music scene, The Mission embodies the culture of old and new San Francisco.
* Available as add-ons.
What is the duration of the tour?
Your custom private tour is 2 hours in duration. Additional hours can be added for $150 per hour.
What neighborhoods and landmarks are visited on the tour?
The tour visits the following neighborhoods and landmarks: Fisherman’s Wharf, North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill, Pacific Heights, Billionaire’s Row, Presidio, Fort Point, Palace of Fine Arts, Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and Coit Tower.
The following neighborhoods and landmarks are available to add-on: Painted Ladies, Haight-Ashbury, Castro, Twin Peaks, and the Mission District.
Can we visit Muir Woods?
Options are available to visit Muir Woods National Monument by adding on an afternoon or next-day ride on our famous Muir Woods Shuttle that provides round-trip transportation to and from the park and trails of old-growth California Coastal Redwood Trees.
Can we BYOB?
Yes, BYOB is permitted for guests 21+.
Is the tour family-friendly?
Yes, the tour is family friendly and children of all ages are welcome, with the attendance of an adult.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you need wheelchair accessibility, and your tour planner will work with you to provide the appropriate accommodations.
Are restroom breaks available?
Yes, stops are included to allow for restroom breaks during the tour.
What is the cancellation policy?
A 100% refund is available if you cancel with at least 24 hours notice ahead of your scheduled tour.
- Duration: 2 hours (additional hours and add-ons are available)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM
- Departure Location: 782 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco (hotel pick-up and drop-off available for an additional fee)
- Days Operated: Daily
- Price: $450 per group (up to 7 people), additional hours & add-ons available