Explore all of San Francisco’s most popular neighborhoods, before ending your adventure in the beautiful town of Sausalito! Once there, enjoy a waterfront lunch and soak in the amazing views of the city! Return on the ‘world’s most scenic’ ferry across the bay back to San Francisco!
Itinerary // What to expect
- Our guide will meet you at our departure location shortly before
- After a brief roll call, we’ll board the bus and travel to our first stop.
- During this time, you will be treated to entertaining stories on the neighborhoods, as well as the history, diversity, and geographical nuances that make San Francisco one of the most unique cities in the world!
- We will exit the bus several times (10-15 minutes) to soak in the neighborhoods and capture amazing photos! Please see “neighborhoods visited” (below) for details on each neighborhood, as well as where we will be stopping for photos.
- When the tour ends in Sausalito, you will have a few options on how to spend the rest of your day. We recommend you spend a couple of hours enjoying lunch and shopping around town, prior to hopping on the ferry from Sausalito back to San Francisco. The ferry is $12.50 per person, and will be the most beautiful
25 minuteride of your trip…guaranteed!
14 neighborhoods, 6 amazing photo opportunities (photo stops noted by *):
Fisherman’s Wharf (Start)
- One of San Francisco’s most popular destinations – from old shipyards, to Boudin’s Bakery and the smell of fresh clam chowder, Fisherman’s Wharf has it all.
- Voted as one of the USA’s “ten great neighborhoods”, North Beach is best known as the home of Little Italy. From delicious restaurants to authentic sidewalk cafes and bakeries, you will feel the charm of San Francisco as soon as you arrive.
- Boasting the largest Chinatown in the United States, this 24-block mecca is bustling with energy, amazing food, and unique and colorful shops that give this area its charm.
City Hall *
- This beautiful Beaux-Arts monument epitomizes the high-minded American Renaissance of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The site of Joe Dimaggio and Marilyn Monroe’s marriage in 1954.
Mission District *
- Known for its prominent and colorful mural installations, delicious food, and vibrant art and music scene, The Mission embodies the culture of old and new San Francisco.
- One of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the United States. Colorful bars and restaurants line the streets, with the historic Castro Theater overlooking the area that Harvey Milk once called home.
Twin Peaks *
- Featuring a panoramic view of all of San Francisco, Twin Peaks offers ones of the best perspectives of the downtown skyline, surrounding hills and vistas (weather permitting).
- The origin of the hippie culture and the birth place of the “Summer of Love.” From the stunning Painted Ladies to the homes of music’s favorite 60’s bands, this district started the counter-culture movement across the USA.
Pacific Heights *
- Offering one of the most scenic outlooks in all of Northern California, Pacific Heights is home to Billionaire’s Row, featuring the estates of politicians, tech titans and other San Francisco celebrities (includes Mrs. Doubtfire house!)
- Former military base, now a beautiful park that includes Crissy Field, Fort Point, Lucasfilm’s (George Lucas) headquarters and the Walt Disney Museum.
Fort Point *
- Located just beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point gives you a front row seat to the Bay and is a great photo stop. This former military fortification was used during WWII.
Golden Gate Bridge
- Declared “one of the 10 wonders of the modern world,” the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognized symbols of San Francisco. Simply stunning!
Marin Headlands *
- Offering a stunning perspective of the Golden Gate Bridge with downtown San Francisco in the background, this awe-inspiring view is the perfect place to capture a memorable photo.
- Located just across the Golden Gate Bridge, this artistic enclave has the setting and beauty of a European Mediterranean town.
Have questions? Here are the most frequently asked.
What's the difference between the "Famous Tour" and "Almost Famous Tour?"
Our Dylan’s Famous Tour includes lunch in Sausalito and neighborhoods in the southern part of the city including Twin Peaks, The Mission, Castro and Haight-Ashbury.
Our “Almost Famous” Tour is ideal for those looking to a shorter morning OR afternoon tour while still seeing Muir Woods.
How does the Alcatraz add-on work?
The optional-Alcatraz add-on includes the Official Alcatraz tour in the morning, along with the “Almost” Famous tour in the afternoon.
What is your cancellation policy?
We offer a 100% refund if you cancel at least 24 hours (or more) in advance of your scheduled tour**. All tours cancelled within 24 hours of scheduled departure are non-refundable. We also offer rescheduling options for a future tour date without penalty.
**Please note if you choose to add-on Alcatraz we require 7-days notice for full refund.
What should I bring with me on the minibus?
San Francisco’s dress code usually warrants at most a sweatshirt or a light coat. Drinks and snacks are welcome on the bus and we encourage our guests to pack a lunch. Food and beverages can be purchased along the tour as well. A camera is also highly recommended.
Can I bring my luggage?
Since we use small buses to keep the tours intimate, we cannot accommodate luggage. However, anything that you’re comfortable having on your lap or under your legs is fine with us.
Do I need to bring my booking confirmation to get on the bus?
No, just bring yourself! The booking invoice is mainly for your records. To board our bus, we just need the first and last name of your party.
How does the hotel pick-up work?
We are proud to now offer hotel or AirBnB pick-up to any location in the San Francisco area for just $20. We utilize both ride-share and tour bus pick-ups depending on location in San Francisco; please be ready 45-minutes prior to your tour time if you do opt-in for the pick-up option.
NIKO GEORGIEV FROM LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
More Tours To Explore!
“See it all in a day! Option to include the Official Alcatraz Island Ticket”
- Many of our favorite San Francisco neighborhoods
- 75 minutes in majestic Muir Woods
- Lunch in Sausalito
- Afternoon Alcatraz tour included
- Great for visitors with only 1-day in San Francisco