Begin your morning in San Francisco with an iconic bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge! In the afternoon, enjoy lunch in the charming waterfront town of Sausalito before catching our minibus to Muir Woods and back to San Francisco!
Hop on an electric bike and ride across one of the most iconic bridges in the world. Consistently voted as one of THE best things to do while in town, biking the Golden Gate Bridge offers a unique experience, amazing photos, and one of a kind views.
But we don’t stop there! Our Bike the Bridge tour continues to Muir Woods on a comfortable small group shuttle where you can stand in awe of the famous redwood trees.
Now all ages and fitness levels can experience this tour with our simple and easy to use electric bikes. Everything you need is included, including a map, helmet, bike lock, and more!
Example Itinerary // What to expect
Note – times vary and additional route details and information provided in your confirmation email, as well as
- Upon arrival, our staff will provide you with your bike, as well as detailed directions along with a map and suggested stops for your ride!
- Picking up your bike anytime in this window allows plenty of time to ride to Sausalito. The earlier you pick up your bike, the more time you’ll have in Sausalito.
- Depending on your cycling pace, and when you picked up your bikes, you’ll have between 1-2 hours to enjoy lunch
alongthe beautiful waterfront views!
- Meet your shuttle to Muir Woods. From here our guide will safely take you from Sausalito to Muir Woods, where you’ll have over 75 minutes to take in the redwood trees!
After an amazing day of riding across the Golden Gate Bridge, a picturesque lunch in Sausalito, and an afternoon amongst the giant redwood trees of Muir Woods, we will drop you off back in San Francisco (Fisherman’s Wharf)
*Times may vary
- Picking up your bike(s) anytime in this window allows you plenty of time to cross the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito, without feeling rushed prior to meeting the shuttle to Muir Woods.
- On average, it takes roughly 2 hours, biking at a very leisurely pace (ie stopping along the route for photos and to enjoy the different neighborhoods) to bike from our bike shop to Sausalito.
- The route is 9 miles and has 2 hills. Overall this is a beginner / intermediate bike ride, suitable for kids and families!
- We recommend spending 60-90 minutes in Sausalito. Therefore, even if you pick up your bike at
10:30am, and take the full 2 hours to ride to Sausalito, you’ll still have over 60 minutes for lunch!
- Where do you get your bike in SF? – Dylan’s Bike Shop – 782 Columbus Ave
- Where do you drop the bike in Sausalito? -“The
SportHistory Gallery” 34 Princess Street, Sausalito CA
- Where do you meet the shuttle in Sausalito? – Bank of America (Sausalito) – 750 Bridgeway Ave
- Bike pick up – Dylan’s Bike Shop – 782 Columbus Ave
- Bike drop off -“The
SportHistory Gallery” 34 Princess Street, Sausalito CA
- Muir Woods Shuttle – Bank of America (Sausalito) – 750 Bridgeway Ave.
Where To Meet
Our bicycle pickup is at Dylan’s Tours bike shop, located at 782 Columbus Avenue
Have questions? Here’s the most frequently asked.
How long is the bike ride to catch the Muir Woods Shuttle?
The ride from our bike shop is approximately 9 miles (15 km) to Sausalito, where you will catch the Muir Woods Shuttle. It is 90% flat, and the main hill is going up to the Golden Gate Bridge.
What can we expect to see on our ride?
Your ride will be along the beautiful San Francisco Bay, where you will pass Aquatic Park, the Palace of Fine Arts, Crissy Field, and the Golden Gate Bridge! Biking the bridge is rated as the #1 thing for people do while in San Francisco. After crossing the bridge, we encourage our guests to enjoy lunch in Sausalito before catching the shuttle up to Muir Woods National Monument. The ride features some bike paths and some street traffic, as well as the aforementioned comfortable hill or two.
Why choose Dylan’s Bike the Bridge & Shuttle to Muir Woods?
1. It’s an all inclusive day!
We’ve combined our two favorite activities in San Francisco into one great day. Enjoy your bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, then catch our round trip shuttle up to Muir Woods National Monument and back to the city!
2. No waiting around!
NO ferry, NO taxi, NO Uber. Let us take care of the transportation for you, just sit back and enjoy the day.
3. We are the only company in San Francisco offering this tour
This is the best (and ONLY) way to bike the bridge and see Muir Woods National Monument, period.
4. 100% Refund Guarantee:
Change of plans? Feeling under the weather? We are happy to refund your entire tour with 24 hours advance notice.
5. Independently Owned:
We aren’t one of the big bus companies, and it shows. Dylan’s is owned and operated by San Francisco native Dylan David.
What type of bike do we use for Bike the Bridge & Shuttle to Muir Woods?
You can choose between a 7-speed bike or an Electric bike for our Bike the Bridge and Shuttle to Muir Woods National Monument package tour.
What is Muir Woods and Sausalito?
Muir Woods National Monument is located 20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is home to some of the oldest and tallest living trees in the world.
This popular destination is part of the United States National Park service and is considered to be one of the most peaceful destinations in the Bay Area. We consider it to be one of the top highlights of the Dylan’s Famous Tour and A Day in the Bay tours.
Located just across the Golden Gate Bridge, this artistic enclave has the setting and beauty of a European, mediterranean town. For both our Dylan’s Famous and A Day in the Bay Tours, you will enjoy your lunch on the picturesque waterfront, enjoying views of the San Francisco Bay.
Why is it beneficial to book directly on Dylanstours.com ?
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our tour company and look forward to showing you our version of San Francisco. When you book directly through our website it allows us to provide the best possible customer service, including:
1. Emailing or calling you directly to communicate our meeting location, last-minute details and tips about your tour. If you book with a 3rd party, we don’t receive your contact information and may not be able to get ahold of you.
2. Easy cancellations; when booking outside of our website it takes several days to get your money back to you should you need to cancel.
3. Dylan’s employees are here to help. When you book with us on the web or over the phone our team is here to help every step of the way – from hotel and restaurant recommendations to the best way to get to San Francisco from the airport.
4. The ability to keep our prices fair; when you book outside of our website we pay a 20% commission and therefore have to increase the cost of our tours.
More Tours To Explore!
“See it all in a day! Option to include the Official Alcatraz Island Ticket”
- Many of our favorite San Francisco neighborhoods
- 75 minutes in majestic Muir Woods
- Lunch in Sausalito
- Afternoon Alcatraz tour included
- Great for visitors with only 1-day in San Francisco