Bike the Golden Gate Bridge
Bike the Bridge With Shuttle to Muir Woods
Take our Famous Tour with Muir Woods + an E-bike rental for the rest of the day! Enjoy a scenic tour of San Francisco and Muir Woods with a lunch stop in Sausalito. In the afternoon, take a scenic self-guided bike ride to the Golden Gate Bridge and the rest of the city.
Time & Duration
Minibus Shuttle to Muir Woods: 8:00 AM–1:30 PM
Bike Rental: 1:30 PM–6:00 PM
Electric Bike $125 (16 yrs+)
7-Speed Bike $105 (12 yrs+)
- Biking across the world-famous Golden Gate Bridge and along San Francisco’s beautiful waterfront.
- Pass through our favorite iconic neighborhoods as we make our way up to Muir Woods.
- Spend over an hour in Muir Woods and stand in awe of the world-famous redwood trees. (Additional $15 fee for entrance to Muir Woods for guests 16yrs+).
- Enjoy a relaxing lunch in the picturesque town of Sausalito.
- Split your tour into 2 days and enjoy an all-day bike rental! Explore Golden Gate Park, Haight-Ashbury, Land’s End, The Mission, The Painted Ladies. (75% choose this option).
- We offer a 100% refund if you cancel at least 24 hours (or more) in advance of your scheduled tour. Tours cancelled within 24 hours of the start time will receive a 50% refund.
Please Note – Additional route details and information provided in your confirmation email, as well as in person the day of your tour. Our local guides are excited to answer any of your questions and make recommendations for places to stop! All bikes are equipped with a secure lock, helmet, and a local map.
Bike Across the Golden Gate, Cruise San Francisco, and Shuttle to Muir Woods!
Explore Muir Woods
Start your day off by meeting your guide in Fisherman’s Wharf. After a brief roll call, we will embark on our minibus shuttle up to Muir Woods. Once at Muir Woods, you will have over an hour to enjoy these incredible redwood trees and explore the many trails the park has to offer.
Enjoy Lunch in the Beautiful Town of Sausalito
After your hike in Muir Woods you will enjoy lunch while soaking in the views of the Bay. There are many different dining options from sandwiches, salads, fish and chips, seafood and world famous Lappert’s Ice Cream!! After lunch you will be brought back into San Francisco for your bike exploration.
Bike and Explore the Rest of San Francisco
After your hike in Muir Woods and lunch in Sausalito, enjoy a scenic bike ride through the streets of San Francisco. Our e-bikes make it easy to cruise up those hills and let you enjoy the views of the city. You can choose to bike over the Golden Gate Bridge, cruise along the San Francisco Bay, grab a photo at the Painted Ladies (Full House Houses), explore Golden Gate Park, and so much more! You will need to have the bikes returned to our shop by 6:00 PM.
Want to split this tour up into two days?
There is so much to do in San Francisco and we want to give you the chance to experience it all. We have the option for you to take our Famous Tour with Muir Woods one day and then rent our E-bikes on another day of your choosing. This gives you the opportunity to spend more time with the E-bikes to explore this beautiful city. We will provide you with a helmet, lock, map and tips on how to navigate the streets of San Francisco. Book our two-day experience!
Not feeling comfortable on a self-guided tour?
We can possibly get you on our guided tour to the Golden Gate Bridge, to make you feel more confident and comfortable. Inquire at email@example.com.
8:00 AM — Meet your guide in Fisherman’s Wharf
You will meet your guide at Fisherman’s Wharf to check in and begin your journey to Muir Woods. Along the way, you will enjoy stories of the history of San Francisco and get out a few times to grab some photos of the most iconic sites in the city.
9:30 AM–11:00 AM — Explore Muir Woods (75 minutes)
You will have over an hour to walk amongst the biggest trees in the world, the California Redwoods. Your guide will give you directions on different trails and the best way to enjoy the forest. At the end of your hike, you will meet up with your guide to depart for Sausalito.
11:30 AM–12:30 PM — Enjoy lunch in Sausalito
After your hike, it is time for lunch and there is no better place to eat than in the quaint town of Sausalito. We will provide you with multiple recommendations on the best places to eat and catch a view of the San Francisco skyline. You can choose to depart the tour here and take a ferry back into San Francisco OR meet back up with your guide for transportation back into the city.
1:30 PM–6:00 PM — Cruise through San Francisco on your E-bike
At the end of lunch, you will be taken back into San Francisco and dropped off at our shop in Little Italy for your E-bike rental. You will be provided with a map, helmet, and lock to enjoy your ride through the city.
6:00 PM — Drop your bikes off at our shop in Little Italy
At the end of your day, you will drop your bikes off at our shop where you can enjoy the rest of your night exploring Little Italy and the surrounding area.
On average, it takes roughly 45 minutes to 1 hour, biking at a leisurely pace (i.e. stopping along the route for photos and enjoying the different neighborhoods) to bike from our bike shop to the Golden Gate Bridge.
The route is 7 miles and has 2 hills. Overall, this is a “beginner/intermediate” bike ride, suitable for almost anyone young or old. We do recommend being at least 12 years old. For the electric bikes we offer, we recommend being at least 16.
Why choose Dylan’s Bike the Bridge & Shuttle to Muir Woods?
- It’s the Best of Both! We’ve combined our two favorite activities in San Francisco into one great day. Enjoy your bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, then catch our round trip shuttle up to Muir Woods National Monument and back to the city!
- No waiting around! NO ferry, NO taxi, NO Uber. Let us take care of the transportation for you, just sit back and enjoy the day.
- We are the only company in San Francisco offering this tour This is the best (and ONLY) way to bike the bridge and see Muir Woods National Monument, period.
- 100% Refund Guarantee: Change of plans? Feeling under the weather? We are happy to refund your entire tour with 24 hours advance notice. If you cancel within the 24-hour window prior to departure, we offer a 50% refund on your tour.
- Independently Owned: We aren’t one of the big bus companies, and it shows. Dylan’s is owned and operated by San Francisco native Dylan David.
How does the hotel pick-up work?
Please contact us directly if you are interested in a hotel pickup at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 932-6993. Please be ready 45-minutes prior to your tour time if you do opt-in for the pick-up option.
What type of bike do we use for Bike the Bridge & Shuttle to Muir Woods?
You can choose between a 7-Speed Bike or an E-Bike from Rad Power Bikes for our Bike the Bridge and Shuttle to Muir Woods package tour.
Where does the bike need to be dropped off for Bike the Bridge and Shuttle to Muir Woods?
You will drop your bikes off back at our shop (782 Columbus Ave).
Is the bike rental child friendly?
Our standard rentals are for ages 12 and up and our electric bikes are for ages 16+
What can we expect to see on our ride?
Our ride will be along the beautiful San Francisco Bay, where you will pass Aquatic Park, the Palace of Fine Arts, Crissy Field, and the Golden Gate Bridge! Biking the bridge is rated as the #1 thing for people to do while in San Francisco. We encourage you to grab lunch in Fisherman’s Wharf before taking your shuttle to Muir Woods. The ride features some bike paths and some street traffic, as well as the aforementioned comfortable hill or two.
How long is the bike ride to catch the Muir Woods Shuttle?
This will be determined by how far you choose to ride. We have found that most people can cover between 8-15 miles on our E-bikes.
What is Muir Woods?
Muir Woods National Monument is located 20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is home to some of the oldest and tallest living trees in the world.
This popular destination is part of the United States National Park Service and is considered to be one of the most peaceful destinations in the Bay Area.
Can I make changes to my reservation?
There are many websites across the internet where you can book a tour with us. They all have different terms. When possible, we request that you book directly here on our website. This enables us to not only provide you the best pricing available, but it also enables us to provide a much more customized level of service. Just give us 24 hours notice, and it’s our pleasure to accommodate any possible changes to your tour.
- Tour start time: 8:00 AM
- Starting location: 710 Beach St., San Francisco
- E-bike rental: 1:30 PM–6:00 PM
- E-bike return time: 6:00 PM
- Electric Bike $125 (16 yrs+)
- 7-Speed Bike $105 (12 yrs+)
- Additional Muir Woods entrance fee: $15/person
9-mile roundtrip bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge; NO ferry, NO taxi, NO Uber. Let us take care of the transportation to Muir Woods for you!
Our San Francisco tours remain the premier way to cross off all the Must-Do’s in San Francisco! We keep our groups small, we take you where the others can’t go, and we are born and raised right here in town. That means we know our beautiful City by the Bay better than anyone.